Tuesday 23 November 2010

Oh Auberdine!

I can't believe that over 3 years have passed since I last wrote in here about saving up for my epic flight form. So much has happened in that time that it's not worth trying to fit it into here, but now with more time and a little more experience I feel I have so much more to say and I'll be continuing here with my tale.

All the talk in Azeroth at the moment is about the strange events of the past month or so - elemental invasions in Stormwind and Ironforge, purple-robed cultists roaming the streets and ground tremors shaking the world to its very foundations. What it portends I cannot say for certain, rumours abound, not least of which is the prediction of a cataclysmic event in the coming days that will change the face of Azeroth forever. There is a sense of expectation and fear from all around me.

Although Stormwind and Ironforge have been at the centre of these attacks, I have grave concern for my homeland of Teldrassil and Darkshore. I have been to Auberdine a few times recently, ridding it of its own infestation of furious elementals, and wondering what is to become of the place in which I began my journeys as a druid so long ago. Five years have passed since I spent time in Auberdine, but I will always remember it fondly. Staying there taught me so much about my place in this world of ours.

Tonight I will be holding a vigil at the moonwell there - praying to Elune for guidance and imbuing myself with the moon goddess' spirit to bolster me for the coming days. Elune adore!

No comments: